Monday, October 20, 2008

I'm just rambling....

I'm just thinking outloud here.....As we all go through our days, and go into grocery stores, or gas stations or restaurants we never know what is happening in the lives of the checker, or the attendant or the server, or the people we drive past on the highways on the way to work. You just never know what might be happening with them. They could have just lost a family member, or found out they are losing their house, or that their spouse is leaving them or that their child is sick. Going through something awful teached one to have humility and compassion for others because they could be having just as bad a day as you are.....or worse.
I have had many people ask what they can do to help, the answer to that questions is so simple. Stay in contact with me. Whether it be by email, or phone or in person, just knowing that I have family and friends out there to help get me through this has been helpful. I may not always answer the phone, and I may not want to talk about anything too deep, but knowing you are there is great.

1 comment:

NorCalMrs said...

I actually used this to control my road rage. I used to get so mad and then I started thinking....I don't know what they've been through that day. Maybe someone died or found out they had cancer, etc, and it really helped me to be nicer to people all around!