Monday, January 26, 2009

An old hobby revisited

Some of you who know me might remember that I used to paint. I learned to paint with watercolors when I was in 8th grade. I took classes once a month at a local art store when I was younger. It was just me and a bunch of old ladies hanging out. I loved it. As I got older, and busier I didn't paint as much. I did do some painting in college but since then I've hardly touched my paints. When I moved to this apartment we finally threw away my old palette. Now I'm interested in getting back into painting. I've been inspired to paint different things than I used to. I have too many hobbies these days and I can tend to have to many things going at once and never get anything done. I went to the art supply store today just to see approximately how much it would cost for me to get a new palette and paint tubes. The palette is around $20 and each tube of paint can be from $3-$6. So not horrible, but not something I can do right now. I'm excited to start painting again!

No comments: