Friday, January 23, 2009

an update on me

Good morning readers.
I just thought I would update you on how I'm doing.
On the job front...I've sent out several resumes and have gotten back some responses. As I expected no one is actually hiring but I have gotten positive responses about my work examples and I hope that when the economy gets better I will hear back from them. I'm still working on finishing my portfolio and I'd like to have it done sooner than later but in reality I don't need it until I actually get an interview.
On the roommate front... I've found one. His name is Kye. He is going to start moving some of his stuff over a little at a time this weekend and be finished and in by the first of February. I'm a little weirded out at the idea of having a roommate but it's the only choice I have if I want to keep my place. He knows I'm going through a divorce and as of yesterday he knows I was laid off and he hasn't gone running yet so that is good. I was a little worried that he would take off with knowing I don't have a steady job.
On the unemployment front... I think everything was straightened out on Tuesday morning. I have yet to actually receive my first check but I think it should arrive today or tomorrow. I'm hoping it will anyways. Once I start getting those regularly my stress level will decrease greatly.
Now that some rather large stresses are solved or on their way to being solved I find that I have more free time. Once my portfolio is done I will really have a lot of free time. I went to the gym yesterday for the first time in probably a year and a half. I'm thinking I might try to start attendng a yoga class regularly. We'll see. I'd also like to start volunteering somewhere. Maybe a soup kitchen or the Humane Society. I have to do some research.
This weekend I'm meeting with a client of my own. I helped her and her husband to pick out paint for their living room a couple years ago and she emailed me a couple weeks ago to see if I could help them work on their master bathroom. I'm looking forward to it.
I've also found someone that wants to buy my wedding dress. I'm hoping to meet up with her some time this weekend.
A week ago tonight I was on my couch crying and feeling lost and as though things were never going to look up. I prayed for one good thing to happen, just one good thing. I think God was listening.

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

Glad to hear that things are looking up. :-)