Saturday, February 28, 2009

Smoothies....

If you are anything like me you have trouble with making sure to eat enough fruits and veggies on a daily basis. One way I've found to be sure to at least get my fruits in is to make smoothies. I used to make them every morning and drink them on the way to work but when my world turned upside down I stopped eating most things in general including smoothies. I've started making them again, especially since I'm not eating desserts or sweets right now.

You can use just about any ingredient but I sort of have mine down to specific ones. I avoid anything acidic like orange juice in mine but you can use any kind of liquid you want. I've used other juices, soy and milk in the past. I don't measure anything either, I just base it on thickness and liquidity. One banana, a handful of frozen strawberries and blueberries, some wheat germ, a bit of vanilla and milk and I'm good to go. Trader Joe's has a good selection of frozen fruits at reasonable prices.

No comments: