Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Just an update

Hey all! I've been out of town for four days and just got back today. While I was gone my computer was at the computer hospital. It had the computer equivalent of a lobotomy. I now have a new hard drive and my computer is working faster than it has in a looooong time! I love it! Hopefully things continue to work smoothly.
I was in Yuba City doing a multitude of things and the time went by so fast! Saturday I went to a glass show with my mom and a friend of hers. It was all antique depression glass and vintage stuff. I was in heaven! I didn't buy anything but I would have liked to.
Sunday I got to visit some very good friends that recently had a baby girl. I had a great time and can't wait to see them again! I also went to dinner at the house of some of my good friends. I had such a nice time catching up. We had the most delicious smoked ribs. Now I don't usually like ribs but I think my friend David reformed me. We got to eat outside and the weather was perfect. That is one thing I miss a lot about living in Yuba, just getting to be outside. Living in an apartment with crazy neighbors sort of prohibits hanging out outdoors. I love to eat outside and I miss it.
Yesterday I spent my day stripping....furniture. A while back I painted a little bookshelf that was B's. It was lime green and red which is why I think maybe he didn't take it when he moved out. I stripped off the majority of the green paint, sanded it and primed it. Now I just have to decide what color I'm going to paint it, I'm thinking sort of a dark periwinkle blue with a decorative paper on the back of the shelves.
The other thing I accomplished this weekend was finishing the quilt I made for my mom. I haven't posted any pics of it here because she reads the blog. It turned out really well and she loved it! For some reason I can't seem to get the pictures off of my camera card right now but as soon as I do I will post pics of the finished quilt.

This week I need to concentrate on sending out resumes and finding a job. So without further ado, I'm off to do just that.

Chau!

No comments: