Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hello

Good morning! I’ve been keeping myself pretty busy, thus the lack of updates about me. I’ve been working since the end of January, and sadly I think my employment might come to an end in roughly a month or so. Unless the woman I’m subbing for decides to stay home with her babies for another month. Here’s hoping.
I will say that my lack of time to accomplish some of my creative goals has cramped my style a bit. I have so many creative projects in my head that I want to tackle and just not enough time to do it. I haven’t done any quilting since finishing the last piece I did and I’m itching to get started on my next project. It’s been really delayed because I was having a tough time figuring out what to do. It’s going to be another large piece, this time for my sister. I have to admit, part of my motivation to get hers done is so I can finally work on something for myself. I came up with this really cool design that would have been way out of my comfort and experience level so it was stressing me out. I finally decided on Sunday to do something simpler that I have more experience with, but I figured out a way to make it special. Now I’m excited to get started on it!

In addition to my quilting projects I’ve tried my hand at sewing clothes for the first time. The pj pants I tried to make didn’t quite come out as I’d hoped, but I am going to soldier on and see if I can’t fix them to at least be wearable. They will just be for me so experimenting is fine with me. Accomplished seamstresses have told me to just finish them and give them to someone they will fit or scrap the project all together. I refuse to believe they can’t be fixed, so when I do get around to it I’ll let you know if it worked.

This week is a short one as far as work is concerned. I can’t stay home and work on my many projects because I’m going on a much anticipated trip to the Napa Valley with 9 of my girlfriends! We’ve rented a house in Napa for a steal and we leave tomorrow night. We’ll be wine tasting, getting pampered and eating good food. I’m super excited. I’ll be at Dr.Wilkinson’s for a facial on Friday, hopefully we’ll hit up Bouchon Bakery for some tasty treats at some point, and we’ll be doing some sparkling wine tasting as well, Brix restaurant for lunch on Saturday and a picnic with munchies from Oxbow market on Sunday before we head home.

I’m not dating anyone at this point but I’d certainly like to be. It’s very frustrating to want to meet someone and not be able to. I’m trying to put myself out there, but it’s just not happening. I’m hoping things turn around soon.

Last night I went to a networking event held by a group called Yipee. I have to admit, it’s twofold for me. I’m hoping to network but also “expose” myself and be exposed to a possible dating connection. Who knows, I figure if I don’t go out how am I ever going to meet someone? I met a friend there and we ended up having dinner afterwards. It was a lovely evening!

Lastly, I’ve been spending the occasional evening watching my favorite sports team fight for the Stanley Cup. Yes, the San Jose Sharks have made it through to the second round of the playoffs despite a negative history of being eliminated in the first round. Here’s hoping they make it through the second round to the third! Go Sharks!

I'll be home next weekend for Mother's Day, hopefully the weather will be nice and I'll get to see some of my friends.

Back to work for me!

No comments: