Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Zutter Bind-It-All

I have a new obsession. What's new?  We recently started selling a tool at Paper Source called the Zutter Bind-It-All. It does the punching and smushing (this is a technical term) of spiral binding. It's great for small little craft projects!
I've been using it at work to try and get the hang of it so I can be knowledgeable when telling customers about it. I think I'm getting the hang of it! There is a bit of a learning curve but you can certainly get creative with what it's used for!

This is one of my first projects. It's just a little notebook to keep in my purse for jotting down creative ideas, grocery lists and other juicy tidbits. You can see a couple of my other recent obsessions on the covers; the tiny text stamp set and my hand carved scallop stamp.

The cover is made from chipboard and covered in PS color cement.



The inside covers are covered with a 12x12 scrapbook paper we carry, it's one of my favorites! I couldn't decide what side of it to use so I did the front and back covers differently.

There are a few envelopes included for tucking away special little tidbits...


This is another of my first attempts. I  used one of my favorite papers to cover it... problem is with this one I used book board which is pretty thick and I used a lot more pages then the one above and I'll need a wider coil to bind this one. So, it's in progress. I have to wait until we get wider ones in, or go find one somewhere else.


I love the combo of the yellow and hot pink...
I can't wait to start filling it with ideas!

Ok, remember when I said it was an obsession... this last one is my favorite! It was also the most difficult. We're having a contest in our store to see who can come up with the best idea using the Zutter. I've got some stiff competition for sure! My idea was to create a book to keep all of the postcards my sister sent me while she was living in Italy and traveling around Europe. I love how it came out, despite some of my mistakes. I will cherish this book forever and hopefully my grandchildren will find it some day and think it's awesome!

I used a paper for the cover that isn't from PS, so don't go into the store looking for this one...


The difficult part was figuring out how to get the holes punched in the postcards so they lined up correctly in the covers. The postcards were several different sizes so each one had to be punched separately. 



No comments: