Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Back to school

So along with the other changes that have happened in my life recently I’ve also gone back to school. Just for one class. I’m taking an advanced rendering course at a local junior college. Which oddly enough has what I think is a better Interior Design program than San Jose State does. I’d like to start doing some of the rendering in my office but I’m a little rusty and need to get faster at doing it. Rendering for those of you that don’t know is basically professional coloring. We take an elevation or perspective drawing and make it pretty with colored pencils or markers or watercolor. I have some experience with colored pencils, and a lot of experience with watercolors but not necessarily for rendering architectural stuff. I did do a lot of watercolor in college when we rendered things but it takes a long time, and as you know time is money. My class is Tuesday and Thursday evenings, it’s pretty crazy to go back to school even if it is just for one class. I will never understand why teachers demand so much in terms of supplies. I have a huge bag of stuff for this class. So much that I can barely carry it all. Special paper, pencils, triangles, markers, notebooks, and books and so much other stuff, oh my. I turned in my first homework assignment last night. Let’s just say it wasn’t one of the best ones in the class. And the idea of having to do homework, yuck. Oh well, the point of being there is to improve, right? Maybe when I do something nice enough I will take a picture of it and post it on the blog.

No comments: