Monday, September 15, 2008

A stolen recipe to try

I got this recipe from Cocina De Doyle. Her blog is in my list of blogs if you want to take a look. I would like to try it. I haven't yet but I hope to. When my appetite fully returns and I feel like cooking I think I will try this. Looks good. I just copied and pasted it from her blog so any reference to "I" is her.

What an easy, easy dinner to make. All this dinner took was assembly and baking. I also used some pesto that I made a few months ago and froze in ice cube trays. If you need something healthy, delicious and easy, keep this recipe handy. You can easily modify to include or omit meat, change the meat, use jarred sauce, etc.
Polenta Lasagna
adapted from Food Made Fast: Vegetarian
•2 cups spicy tomato sauce, homemade or purchased
•18 oz. precooked polenta, cut into 16 slices
•1/2 cup fresh ricotta cheese
•2 tablespoons pesto
•2 precooked Italian sausages (obviously the vegetarian version had no sausage)
•6 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375. Oil a 9-inch square baking dish.
2.In a small bowl, stir together the ricotta and pesto, season to taste with salt and pepper.
3.Assemble lasagna as follows: thin layer of sauce, polenta slices, ricotta mixture, sausage, mozzarella, repeat, ending with remaining sauce and mozzarella.
4.Bake the lasagna until cheese is meted and the lasagna is head through, about 20 minutes. Serve hot, directly from the baking dish.

No comments: