Friday, March 6, 2009

My first visit to a clients house

Let me tell you, I'm pooped! All of a sudden, it's 3:30 or so on Friday and I can't stop yawning! I just had to go down to Starbucks and get a little pick me up.
One of the designers here certainly keeps me busy! She is constantly throwing things my way and expecting them to be done "right now."
Today she took me to a clients house here in Palo Alto. Can I just tell you it was fan-tastic! It was a true Greene and Greene style Arts and Crafts style house. It's mostly finished but today they were doing a template of the fireplace surround that will be going in. It was an interesting part of the process to see. The owner was a really nice guy and can I just tell you the art and decorative things that he had around the house were phenomenal! They have a great interest in Japanese culture and art as well as from other places around the world. They have beautiful carved goards and masks hanging on a bunch of walls. It was a spectacular thing to see. The house doesn't look all that grand from the outside but whoa, it was amazing. The craftsmanship of the built-in millwork was so beautifully done. Nothing like we see in houses today. It was truly a work of art. I wish I could have snapped a picture.

This is an example of a Greene and Greene house...

No comments: