I can't vouch for the validity of the answers to these questions but it's at least a good way to illustrate some of the problems we are facing. I got this quiz from Green Goody.
1. Number of children who ingest 15 or more pesticides from fruit and vegetables daily:
b. 1 million
c. A googleplex
2. The number of miles most food travels before it reaches your plate:
a. 75 miles
b. 1,000 miles
c. 1,500 miles
3. Amount of energy that organic farms usually save compared with conventional farms:
a. 5 percent
b. 25 percent
c. 50 percent
4. A pregnant mother can reduce her baby's exposure to pollutants from conventional farming by doing what:
a. eating an organic diet
b. taking baths
c. nursing her baby
1. B. 1 million. Pesticides pose special threats to children because of their fast metabolism rates and low body weights
2. C. 1,500. That's a lot of wasted fuel. And how fresh is it really when it reaches you?
3. C. 50% Makes you want to support organic farmers, right!?
4. C. Eating organic. Pesticides can be found in foods years after the pesticide has been banned.