Wednesday, April 22, 2009

First quilting class

Tonight I had my first of 6 quilting classes. I really enjoyed it and it went by really fast. It was three hours long but felt like one hour. I learned how to cut and measure properly and how to make sure I'm sewing 1/4" seams. I did one square that has three long rectangular pieces and one with 9 square pieces. The 9 square piece is done but I didn't take a picture of it.
I learned some really cool techniques and that I don't have to do some of the things I thought were necessary when quilting. Not doing those things is a huge time saver!

I'll hopefully be taking pictures each week to share my progress.

2 comments:

Butterfly said...

Great job! looking forward to next weeks installment.

I did my first class a year ago and just LOVE making quilts, learning new techniques and being creative with fabric. We are so lucky in this area to have some great fabric shops.

Leona

Anonymous said...

Great work!