Monday, April 20, 2009

Interesting article

I enjoyed reading this article on Design Sponge. It's about a woman that's a green interior designer. Too bad she isn't closer to me, I might apply for a job with her! Here is an exerpt from the article/interview...

Recycling-geek, vintage-freak, or SUV-driving jock in high school? Hmmm… I’m not sure I was any of these. Probably a cross between them all. I was a competitive cheerleader (like the ones you see on ESPN who throw each other in the air) and we trained for two hours a day, all year round… That kept me pretty busy but I was also very interested in environmental issues. I remember a class presentation I did where I stretched out a bunch of those plastic six-pack holders so that the holes were big enough to go over the heads of the other students. I went around and draped these things over their neck and then I yelled “Now you know how the dolphins and birds feel!” I was so dramatic!
What’s one (or two or three) surprising thing(s) everyone can do today to make the world a more sustainable place? We vote with our dollar in this country. Whether you are spending $10 or $10,000, if you are spending it on something sustainable you are sending a message to our government that we want more support for the green industry.

No comments: