Monday, April 13, 2009

Just a random thought

Sometimes it's hard not to feel like I'm defined by what happened with B. Until today I didn't really want to share any of my personal life with people at work but I was having a conversation with the other young woman here and I mentioned that I'm going through a divorce. I didn't go into any detail at all, but now I feel like I just defined myself by saying that. I put myself into the divorce box rather than the fun and single and totally normal box.
I feel like divorce has such a hugely ugly stigma to it that now it's going to follow me around like a big black cloud. I shouldn't have said anything... I sort of liked being mysterious.
It takes a lot of thought to tell yourself that no, you are not defined by it. It's part of your life but it doesn't define who you are. It's very hard not to get sucked down into a hole.
If I can just remember these two things...

No comments: