Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Cold farro salad

Some of you have had the Greek orzo salad that I've made in the past. I made it for Father's Day and ate the leftovers for a couple days afterwards. It was so good and easy to just eat right out of the fridge I decided to make it again but with a twist. This time I used farro. Farro is a hearty grain that has a great dense chewy texture when cooked. You have to soak it for up to 8 hours or as directed on the package it comes in before cooking it. All I did was add some of the chicken I roasted recently with halved grape tomatoes, cucumber, artichoke hearts and olives. For a dressing I just used olive oil and vinegar with some salt and pepper. Yummmm. I think you could customize this any way you wanted to, you could add onions, blanched green beans, red peppers or whatever! It's a pretty healthy meal that could also be great for a vegetarian.

1 comment:

yogamama said...

Mmmm.....looks good.