Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It's my turn to be Queen Bee for August!

For the month of August I get to bee the queen bee for the quilting bee. I've been slowly collecting the fabrics I want to use. Today my sister and I went to the most wonderful fabric store in Santa Cruz, it's called Hart's. They have so much wonderful stuff! I wanted to buy everything and make all kinds of stuff! After being there for hours this is what I ended up with for my quilt month. Some of them are from there and some are not. I'm hoping to make a queen sized quilt for my bed with these fabrics.

Eventually I'm going to make a quilt for my sister, today she went with me and picked out fabrics that she likes. She wants a bunch of her old t-shirts included in the quilt. It's going to be an interesting process that I've never done before so we'll see how it goes, hopefully my mom and I will be able to work on it together.

2 comments:

snoopygirl said...

we used to have a Harts in Yuba City a long time ago. It was on Plumas street. I enjoyed going in there from time to time.

Anonymous said...

Ooo, you're so lucky to have another quilt stores! All Chico has is Joann's and that gets pretty old. I'm thinking I may need to take a trip Sac.

I like your fabric choices! I really love that mermaid print! Have fun!