Thursday, September 3, 2009

Today has been a weird day, well this afternoon was anyways. I started to feel a bit cooped up so I decided to go to the beach. It was pretty hot here in Campbell and it's always cooler on the beach so I left about 2:30 and headed over to my favorite beach. It's called Scott Creek Beach. I just wasn't feeling any of the music on the radio and I just happened to have my sisters cd collection in my car. I decided to try and channel her by listening to her all time favorite band (Led Zeppelin) while driving to the beach. It did make me feel a bit better. Turns out the beach itself was pretty darn windy and there was hardly anyone on it. I found a spot that was buffered a bit and not as windy but I noticed that it smelled a bit, well actually a lot. I tried to sit and read but the smell really got to me so I got up to move and realized what the culprit of the stench was. In the short stretch of beach I had walked along between my car and my spot there were a total of 5 dead seals and sea lions on the beach. Ewww. I had heard that a lot of them have been washing up lately but it's sad (and stinky) to witness it firsthand.
The beach never fails to get my mind going on thoughts bigger than daily monotonous stuff. I've been working on trying to write a profile for Match.com. It's hard. You basically have to talk about yourself and hope that what you say will be appealing to someone. How do you portray just the right bit of yourself so that a man gets an idea of who you are, how do you even put yourself into words? It gets one to thinking about what they think of themself.
It's just been one of those days, a good shower and some pointless tv was just the ticket.
Until next time...

No comments: