Monday, February 1, 2010

Just a little update

Good morning all.
I’ve certainly gone from blogging a lot in the past to not much at all. I do still blog more than a lot of people I know.
I’ve been working at my new temporary job for almost a week now. Tomorrow will mark one week since I started. I’m already getting the hang of it and by the end of this week I’ll be a pro. ;) I’m doing accounts payable, so it’s not all that exciting but I do have to use my brain so that’s good. It’s been an adjustment to get used to having only my weeknights to get stuff done, so the house is a mess and my to-do list is growing. Leaving town on the weekends doesn’t help either.
I spent my weekend back home with my parents and friends. One of my close girlfriends has a craft night once a month and we gather to do crafty things, although I was the only one who was consistently crafting all night. I made several really cute Valentine’s cards, I hope to make more before it’s time for me to send them out. We’ll see if I have time…
Before I left I picked up some books that were waiting for me at the library. I was super excited to have some time to flip through them when I got to the house. One of them is an awesome book called Weekend Sewing: More Than 40 Projects and Ideas for Inspired Stitching. The author is Heather Ross. I loved flipping through it because her instructions and illustrations are easy enough to understand and she is just plain cool! There are recipes sprinkled throughout the book and there is even a page that lists her favorite music to sew to! I’ve been so inspired to start doing sewing other than quilting. I hear from women that do both that they are different animals. On my mental list of things to try from the book are flannel pajama pants for myself, really cute bloomers (diaper covers) for baby girls, and the cutest little dress for a little girl. I think that if I get the opportunity to participate in the boutique sale again this November I will be selling fabric items, from Christmas themed things such as ornaments and advent calendars to fabric bags to “wrap” presents in and maybe some simple clothing items, and quilts of course! I know, I think big!
I always have a list of things in my head that I want to try as far as my creative endeavors. I think I’m done with jewelry making for a while, I need to make room for other things. In addition to the above mentioned sewing projects I’d like to start with watercolor painting again at some point, and I’d like to learn how to do felting. This weekend a friend of mine was working on the most adorable freehanded felt dollhouse for her daughter. I definitely want to learn how to do something like that, it was so cool!

Hope all is well with my readers! Have a good week!

No comments: