Friday, March 12, 2010

Dodge, run, do the splits!

So last night I participated in a dodgeball tournament with the school district I’m working for. I wasn’t really looking forward to it, but it was fun! It wasn’t the dodgeball of my youth, we didn’t stand in a circle and get pelted with a hard rubber ball. This was hard core grown up dodgeball. I won’t go into details about the logistics of the game because I don’t know how well I would describe it. Check out wikipedia if you are curious. I was nimble, and quick and impressed people and myself with my ability to dodge the ball. Now the ability to actually hit people and get them out was a different story. I wasn’t so good at that. I did manage to get a couple people out, but it wasn’t my strong suite. I think it would be fun to find a league to play in. Oh, and I’m thinking of starting a petition to get it in as a new Olympic summer sport. If curling can be a winter sport then dodgeball can be a summer sport. Seriously.

No comments: