Friday, June 11, 2010

10 things you may not know about me

1. I have my nose pierced. I have seven piercings altogether, the others are in my ears.

2. I enjoy listening to NPR and my favorite shows are Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me, and Prairie Home Companion. I've been listening to PHC since I was young and I love it. My sister and I are going to see the show taped live at Mountain Winery in August. I won't be telling many of my peers about this because they just won't understand.

3. I wish I had the guts to get a really big tattoo, but I probably never will. I do have a small one.

4. I listen to classical music and jazz and even Peter, Paul and Mary. I can sometimes be seen driving down the street with my windows up and singing "If I Had a Hammer" at the top of my lungs. I can't help but be reminded of that scene in Never Been Kissed with Drew Barrymore when they are singing in the car.

5. I am mildly obsessed with the Twilight series and with Harry Potter. Shh, don't tell anyone.

6. I'm incredibly curious about people; why they do what they do, and what has made them who they are.

7. I'm pretty observant. You have to be pretty sneaky to get something by me. Just a heads up in case anyone ever tries to throw me a surprise party.

8. I'm really into pirates. I love the lore of pirates of long ago and buried treasure and pirate ships. Now that I think about it, I'm actually really into things that take me away to another place or time. I watch movies based on that feeling.

9. I love to be in small spaces. A secret reading nook, or secret garden is just the ticket for me. When I was a kid I used to throw all of my shoes out of my closet and sit in there and listen to Thriller on my little sony tape player. I love forts and special little spaces.

10. I have faith. I grew up going to church and to Lutheran School. I believe in God and I pray a lot more now than I used to. I don't attend church regularly but my faith is strong. I believe that God has a plan for me and even more specifically a man, the right man. I'm just waiting, but he doesn't seem to be pointing him out just yet.

So there you go. 10 random things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:)
I love NPR and PHC too!
I also wish I had the guts to get a huge tattoo, but won't.
And just thought I'd tell you, there's a pirate festival in Vallejo next weekend! :)