Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!

It's no secret that I'm a green kind of gal. I do my best right now but there are always things I still feel guilty about and want to change. I try to use Reduce, Reuse, Recycle but sometimes it's hard to reduce and reuse. Recycling is easy. I've been saving my yogurt, rice pudding and cottage cheese containers with the hopes I can find someone who can reuse them and give them a second life before getting recycled.
I decided to post them on Freecycle and yesterday I got a bite! Today someone will be picking them up.
Just goes to show that thinking outside the box can pay off sometimes.
They can be used for a lot of things, holding childrens art supplies; crayons, googly eyes, and puff balls. Or they could be used for planting seedlings, or freezing broth or sauces. I'm glad someone else saw the value.
Yay!

No comments: