Saturday, September 11, 2010

My legs are completely useless!

Today I went on a hike, I am so tired I can't seem to get off the couch! The day was beautiful and the weather perfect. I met up with a friend in Scotts Valley and we drove to Wilder Ranch for hiking. Well, in truth it was sort of a date but we can talk about that aspect later. I haven't hiked since my solo trip to Castle Rock in May so I wasn't in perfect hiking shape but I seemed to do well. We hiked for about 2 1/2 hours with a lunch break in between. It was lovely. On the way up the hill it was pretty warm and I just about died, but once it leveled out I was fine. The view was awesome and we could see the fog layer way out in the distance over the ocean. When we left it was way out and when we got back it had come all the way in over where we were. I think we walked about 6 miles. It was quite a workout and I'm pooped. I wish I had my camera, it was such a beautiful day. That might have been a bit odd though considering it was a date. I'm gonna sleep like a rock tonight!

No comments: