Thursday, January 6, 2011

Putting brush to paper

As previously mentioned I used to be a painter. It's been years and years since I picked up a brush and a palette and put paint to paper. Most of my painting in the last few years has been on walls. Last night I was inspired to finally give it a go. It has been so long it was a weird feeling and I'm definitely going to have to get used to it again. There are tips and tricks I knew once upon a time and I'm hoping my memory will slowly bring them back.  
This exercise was mostly to get myself started and get the feel of the brush in my hand and for how the water and pigment moves on the paper. It is by no means a work of art.

I think I'm going to have to take it slowly and not too seriously. I used to be a pretty decent painter but I think I'll have to be a bit forgiving for a while. I won't be producing anything fantastic for a while...

I will say though that it felt really good, and I do have so many ideas I want to tackle in the next year! Hopefully I'll be able to balance the sewing and the painting. I'm actually hoping to combine the two at some point...

No comments: