Saturday, June 4, 2011

A quilt for a baby girl

Usually I don't finish quilts I'm giving as gifts until the day before but this time I've had it done for a while and can finally share it!


I love how it turned out, it's all about the fabrics which is how I've been quilting lately. I'm not much into doing crazy complicated patterns, I like the fabrics to take center stage. They are bright and fun and will hopefully capture her attention for years to come.


I love the colors of this one so much I wanted to keep it for myself! Sadly it's a bit small for me... ;)

4 comments:

Jennifer Mathis of Ellison Lane said...

Very pretty quilt

Sarah Seibert said...

I am SO in love with this quilt. But how do I figure out the measurements? I am terrible when it comes to figuring in the seam allowance. Or is this "pattern" called something that I can look it up???

Aurora said...

Darling! Found this on pinterest! I've been looking for a simple quilt to make for my son and I love this one! Can you tell me what size each square was? Thanks!

Amy said...

Hi ladies,
Let me think back... it's not from a pattern, I just made it up as I went. It was a little big for a baby quilt but she'll grow into it. I probably only bought a 1/4 yard of fabric and cut the rectangles from that. So each one probably started out at around 8" or 9". Seams are 1/4". I usually lay things out on graph paper, you might try that.