Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Do you ever feel like something is missing... you are going along with your daily routine, but it's a little empty? That's how I feel right now. What's incredibly annoying is not being able to put my finger on what it is. I do have a few guesses as to what it could be... or it could be a combination of things. Hopefully I'll get it figured out soon.
In the meantime...
It's beginning to cool down, it's getting darker earlier and the light is changing. These are the first things I start to notice about the fall months. I've decided this year that rather than try to put it off I'm just going to let the obsession with my favorite time of year overtake me and dive right in. I saw mini pumpkins at the grocery store the other day and already bought some, and I'm ready to make my first batch of pumpkin bread, I just have to buy some pumpkin. I also decided that I needed a fall quilt. It's funny, because I usually have to think and over think making a quilt, and wonder if I have the right fabrics and what kind of blocks should I do... this time I just knew what pattern I wanted, and I went to the fabric store and came home and started cutting fabric the next day. I'm moving much faster on getting the blocks put together than with past quilts, probably because I've been able to dedicate larger chunks of time to getting it done. I love quiet weekends at home spent sipping hot tea and sewing with football on in the background.

I found this fabric and fell in love and used it as the base to work with...
I'm so excited about this fabric!


And this is a super cute fabric that I could not resist...

So, happy autumn! Hopefully I'll have more sewing to share after this weekend!

No comments: