Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas wrap-up

I'm glad Christmas is over. The day was a bit emotional but it was good to be with my parents and my sister. Santa was very generous and I'm thankful for all of my wonderful gifts.

Christmas Eve we went to church at the church I attended my whole childhood. I was confirmed there and participated in the choir, taught Sunday school, and performed in Christmas pageants. One of my dearest friends dad was the pastor at my church until just a couple years ago. It just wasn't the same without him up there delivering the story of Jesus' birth. The Christmas service has always been a bit of an emotional one, especially without my grandma with us anymore. We sing Silent Night partially in German and partially in English and that always gets us crying.

Christmas day was slow and relaxing for the most part. We ate lots of good food and took our time unwrapping presents. My mom made a delicious quiche, and we had fruit and several different yummy pastries, breads and cinnamon rolls.
I got some great way cute accessories for my kitchen: a red enamel colander; red oil cruet, and red tea kettle. I also got the cup and saucers to go with my cute dishes that I have been collecting. Some time today I'll put them out in my kitchen. Yeay!

No comments: