Monday, March 2, 2009

I have a conundrum...

I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with my place. I'm having a tough time choosing colors to paint the wall in the kitchen and some of the furniture I have. I'm thinking about using a non bright mustardy yellow on the wall in the kitchen but I'm not sure.
I have my giraffe print to frame and I picked out a frame and mat a couple days ago but I'm going to wait to do anything with it. I think I'm going to do a double mat with a very light aqua blue as the skinny mat and a chocolate brown as the thicker mat. It's going to go in the living room. The print has a lot of goldish color in it so I think it makes sense to take a gold/yellow color onto the wall in the kitchen. I plan on taking down the candle sconce things and putting up some plates that were my grandma's as well as some little framed paintings that I have yet to do. I'm going for a collage of stuff on that wall. I have always hated the cabinets in the kitchen and I've thought about painting them so they aren't so dark and ugly. Only thing it I think it would be a lot of work and since I rent and don't own I'm hesitant to do the work and spend the money on something that isn't mine. I might break down and do it at some point though.

I went online and found some pictures with combinations of aqua's and yellow's. I of course have the red accessories in my kitchen too, and I think I'm going to add in splashes of a sort of cobalt or periwinkle blue too. I just need to get the giraffe's framed and go from there....


No comments: