Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Flowers on the wall...

As I work on the furniture I spent last weekend painting I am thinking about the whole wall the bookshelf will sit against. Somewhere close by will be my giraffes print and the bookshelf will have my small collection of teacups and plates as well as a bunch of books and my prized bells that were my grandmas. I want everything to have a look of non matchiness but still go together. I'd like to make a sort of collage of different stuff on the wall and I like the idea of using an organic shaped "sculpture" type thing. I love these magnetic metal wall flowers as seen on Young House Love but I don't want to spend the money on them and I don't want white as they will be going on a white wall for now. (Purchase them here) So I'm thinking maybe I can make them out of paper? I've made paper flowers in the past and this way I could use different colors! I'm thinking I could make a template in the same shape as the metal ones. What do you think?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hi Amy! Funny thing, I found those white wall flowers at a store in Seattle and bought them! They are so cute. I haven't hung them yet becasue I have to paint first, but they are so cute!