Saturday, August 15, 2009

Leavin on a jet plane...

My sister is leaving on the 26th. She is going to live in Florence, Italy for 10 months to study art. We've become quite close in the last year and I've come to depend on her for her company, her shoulder to occasionally cry on and her good advice among other things. I'm so excited for her and the experiences she is going to have but boy am I going to miss her. Em is a great artist, gardener and creative soul. When my world came crashing down around my shoulders she was there to hold me up. I love to go on occasional drives through the mountains and to the beach with her when she wants my company. I can only imagine that this is what it might have felt like when I went away to college and left her at home. I love you Em and I'm going to miss you a ton! I hope you have an incredible and wonderful time in Italy! When you leave I'll be counting down the days until I see you in December!

No comments: