Friday, August 14, 2009

Non toxic cleaning products

I've been wanting to start using non toxic cleaning products for a while now but I'm trying to use up what I have before buying or making something new. I just came across this post on Design Sponge. I've seen recipes for cleaning products before but this time I'm bookmarking these so I can make them soon. Definitely check these out. It'll be good for you, for your kids and your animals! :)

Homemade, Dollar-Saving, Fragrance-Uplifting, All-Purpose Spray
The Goods:

-1 empty 32 oz. spray bottle

-3/4 c. Distilled White Vinegar

-1 c. Hydrogen Peroxide

-1 1/2 tsp. Castille Soap (Such as Dr. Bronner )

-30 drops Tea Tree Oil

-30 drops Essential Oil of choice (some of my favorite choices include lavender, lemongrass, rosemary, lemon verbena, spearmint, clove, cinnamon, anise, sage, grapefruit, lemon, and lime; experiment with one or a combo and see what scent makes you want to get lean and clean!)

The Deal:-Place all ingredients into the spray bottle using a funnel or measuring cup with a spout.-Add water until contents reach top of bottle.-Shake vigorously and use with abandon!

No comments: