Saturday, August 22, 2009

Something new

Today I did something old and new. I played volleyball for the first time in probably 7 or 8 years. I've been wanting to get back into playing for a while now and today I finally did it! I joined a group through Meetup.com and met at a park in Sunnyvale to play. There were two nets, one for the more experienced people and one for the beginners and people with some experience. I played all four years of high school and I would say maybe that I wasn't the best player, I often got left out of whole games and even a whole day of tournaments once, Thanks Greg, I don't think I'll ever forgive you for that one. Anyhow today there was no pressure to play well, which is good because I was really rusty. So rusty that I had to switch to an underhand serve. In my defense I think the "court" was either too big or the net was too high. My arms are still sore tonight and still a bit red but I had a great time and I plan on going to play next time if I'm available. It was fun!

No comments: