Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Chicks and eggs

over the Thanksgiving holiday I found the red and yellow chick fabric at a really cute fabric store in Grass Valley called Fabrics on Mill Street. Last week I really wanted to go to Santa Cruz and while I was there I went to a great fabric store called Harts. I found the same fabric in two different colorways! Yeay! I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do with them exactly. I'm contemplating either placemats or tabler runners. What do you think? What should I made out of this fabric?  Each colorway will have at least one or two more coordinating fabrics with them.

Where am I with my quilting right now you ask? I'm still working on a really large quilt for a friend, it's the black yellow and white one. I've finished piecing the top and I'm going to open sew class at a local quilt shop tonight to make the sandwich. Making the sandwich is just putting the top, middle and bottom layers together. I use a safe spray adhesive and pins to secure it so that when I quilt it, it all stays together.
I'll share pics when I can get a picture of it.

No comments: