Monday, March 8, 2010

A little explanation of the picture posted below...
Things have been a bit rough for me lately. My little day trip on Saturday was a much needed break from the reality of grown up life.  A week ago today my roommate told me he would be moving out. That news is probably the biggest source of stress for me. In my current employment sitution I cannot live where I do without having a roomie. I simply have to have someone sharing the rent to avoid having to move into a rat infested hell hole, or move home. So, until I find someone, I'll be a bit on edge. I haven't had a single bite yet from my craigslist ads, but I have faith that eventually I will find someone.
The other source of frustration is my readiness to date, and lack of men that seem to be interested. It took me a while to work through things enough to be ready, but I'm so there now. I have gone on three dates with one guy but there just isn't any zing, bada-bing, or bada-boom. He's a really nice guy and would make a great friend. I'm ready to fall for someone and see how I handle it. That tingly nervous feeling you get when you are about to see someone you like is missing from my life.
On top of that there are money worries, taxes to be done, and a car registration to be paid. Oh, and my crackhead neighbor is always a small added amount of stress. I would truly be happy if he dissapeared forever.
I've been frustrated that the life I want just seems so out of reach. After reading the quote below I thought about it for a moment and said to myself, "you are the only one who can change your life, you can't wait for someone else to do it for you." I know that if I want a good job, I have to be the one to go find it, if I want to date, I have to put myself out there. I know these things, but sometimes I just wish that what I want would fall into my lap.
All of this combined with being super busy with working and trying to fit in the rest of my responsibilities have caused a lack of blogging. I've been good with getting in a gym routine which feels good, but takes away time when I get home from work. By the time I've made dinner and cleaned up my brain is typically too tired to write a cohesive blogpost. I'll try to be better about it in the coming weeks and months. Sorry this post is so down, but it explains a bit about me being MIA.

No comments: