Pretend it was possible to do an experiment like in Weird Science where the two nerds create the woman of their dreams out of a Barbie. Not that I would want a guy who looked like Ken but if I could do the same thing starting with a Ken doll here are the attributes I would give my science experiment…
• Slightly geeky but hot
• Awesome tattoos
• Unpretentious and down to earth
• Good to the earth
• Dark hair
• 5 o’clock shadow
• Likes to travel and experience other places and cultures
• Has a positive relationship with God
• Unafraid to try new things
• Wants to have children
• Likes camping and nature in general
• Has a good family relationship
• Loves the beach
• Likes hockey
• Has passion
And more importantly…
• Understands that a relationship works if he thinks of me first and I think of him first. I truly believe this is one of the keys to a healthy relationship
• Can be selfless in my time of need, whatever that may be. Something as stupid as PMS or a real tragedy
• Supportive of my dreams
• In touch with all sides of himself, he’s masculine yet sensitive
• He knows who he is, or is at least trying to know
• Affectionate, this might be the most important
• Honest with feelings and isn’t afraid to express himself.
• Not afraid of a good fight, sometimes yelling isn’t bad.
• Patient and calm
• Can make me laugh till I pee my pants
I find myself thinking that some things are important when really they aren’t. I would be really physically attracted to a man that was tall, blue-eyed and with dark hair and a stubbly chin but if he couldn’t be supportive of me or be affectionate then what good are those rugged good looks? After relationships and a failed marriage you begin to know what you really want and/or need. I know without a doubt that I need a man who is physically affectionate. I also need someone who is slightly the opposite of me, I can be a homebody, and I can be afraid to try new things, I can be stubborn and impatient. I need someone who can push me to be the best person I can be, someone who bring out the best of me.
Where did this come from today? I have no idea. I guess I was just day dreaming about the perfect guy… I’m just putting it out there into the universe. Maybe he does exist? Maybe I need a witch like in Practical Magic to conjur up a spell and cast it into the universe...