Friday, June 25, 2010

Thinking outloud

Pretend it was possible to do an experiment like in Weird Science where the two nerds create the woman of their dreams out of a Barbie. Not that I would want a guy who looked like Ken but if I could do the same thing starting with a Ken doll here are the attributes I would give my science experiment…

• Slightly geeky but hot

• Awesome tattoos

• Unpretentious and down to earth

• Good to the earth

• Tall

• Dark hair

• 5 o’clock shadow

• Creative

• Likes to travel and experience other places and cultures

• Has a positive relationship with God

• Unafraid to try new things

• Wants to have children

• Likes camping and nature in general

• Has a good family relationship

• Loves the beach

• Likes hockey

• Has passion

And more importantly…

• Understands that a relationship works if he thinks of me first and I think of him first. I truly believe this is one of the keys to a healthy relationship

• Can be selfless in my time of need, whatever that may be. Something as stupid as PMS or a real tragedy

• Supportive of my dreams

• In touch with all sides of himself, he’s masculine yet sensitive

• He knows who he is, or is at least trying to know

• Affectionate, this might be the most important

• Honest with feelings and isn’t afraid to express himself.

• Not afraid of a good fight, sometimes yelling isn’t bad.

• Patient and calm

• Can make me laugh till I pee my pants

I find myself thinking that some things are important when really they aren’t. I would be really physically attracted to a man that was tall, blue-eyed and with dark hair and a stubbly chin but if he couldn’t be supportive of me or be affectionate then what good are those rugged good looks? After relationships and a failed marriage you begin to know what you really want and/or need. I know without a doubt that I need a man who is physically affectionate. I also need someone who is slightly the opposite of me, I can be a homebody, and I can be afraid to try new things, I can be stubborn and impatient. I need someone who can push me to be the best person I can be, someone who bring out the best of me.

Where did this come from today? I have no idea. I guess I was just day dreaming about the perfect guy… I’m just putting it out there into the universe. Maybe he does exist? Maybe I need a witch like in Practical Magic to conjur up a spell and cast it into the universe...

No comments: