Monday, July 19, 2010

Ahoy mateys!

A while back I found the image you see below of a ship painted on an oval piece of wood. I've always had an interest in all things pirates and old ships and I thought this image would be a great addition to the collage of stuff I'm working on getting ready to hang on my wall. Even though it's painted on wood it sort of looks like it was embroidered and put in an oval frame. As I often do, I decided I could do this myself. Having never embroidered before I found a tutorial online and it's pretty easy!  I saved this image a while back and don't remember where I got it, if anyone knows where it's from let me know and I'll give credit.

I still need to secure the fabric on the back and if anyone can reccomend how to get the fabric to lay flat in the center there near the mast I'd love to hear it. Just leave a comment.

No comments: