Saturday, July 24, 2010

Just a little update

Hey there blog peeps.
I love it when it's a Saturday morning and I've got nothing I HAVE to do today. Of course I have things I need to do, it's just trying to get myself motivated that's tough. I need to clean and get the place organized and I need to get started on the next bit of the quilt I'm working on.
Yesterday was a long day. I was up and out the door by 7:00 and I drove to Cameron Park, which is up highway 50 past Folsom, on the way to south Lake Tahoe. Unfortunately it was for a sad event, my great Aunt passed away last week. Yesterday was her memorial service. It was nice to be able to see family I haven't seen in years and years but I wish it could be under better circumstances. It was nice to see some other family members as well that I see more often. It was brief and I headed back down the hill and across the valley back to the bay area. It was a lot of driving for one day but I was lucky and the traffic wasn't too bad. I met up with some friends last night for drinks as I was on my way home. So I got back to my place around 9:30 and pretty much crashed in my bed as soon as I was home.
Next week is a busy one, as far as my weeks go while not working. I do have a bit of work doing exam proctoring on Tuesday and Wednesday, which should be boring, but it's money! I help out a girlfriend two days a week watching her kids while she gets things done around the house and next week I'll be doing it three days so she can pack for them to go on vacation. Hopefully I'll be going full speed ahead on my latest project and sending out more resumes. Next weekend I'll be going to the Renegade craft fair in SF with my girlfriends and I'm looking forward to that and to hanging out with them.
That's all for now...

No comments: