Sunday, August 22, 2010

Longing for fall...

August is my least favorite month. I don't know what it is about it but I just don't like it much. The Autumn months are by far my favorite and for several reasons. The colors, the fashion, the smells and the food are just a part of why I love autumn. I've been thinking a lot about cable knit and wool lately and went on a search for images to satiate my craving. I didn't find exactly what I was looking for but these images sort of do the trick.


These legwarmers are from an Amy Butler pattern. I'd love to have someone make me a pair of these for this fall and winter season.
There is just something about the color combination of blue and rusty reds and oranges.

Vintage boots available on Etsy

Harvard campus in the fall

Another Amy Butler pattern




What I really want this year is a wool plaid above the knee skirt to wear with tights and brown boots. I've always loved that look and never found a skirt I actually like. I couldn't even find an image of one.
I've seen many images of the coolest ceramic vases that are made to look like cable knit sweaters but do you think I could find any images of them now? Of course not!

No comments: