Saturday, November 13, 2010

One more hobby...

When I was in seventh grade I found that I really enjoyed painting with watercolors. My mom, being the smart woman that she is found a watercolor class that I attended once a month at that young age. It was fun and I hung out with a bunch of old ladies. At that time I mostly painted flowers, I found that I wasn't so good with landscapes and I struggled with people. There is a painting of my sister at my mom's house and a painting of my grandma's house at her house that illustrate that point quite well. When I was in high school I participated in a Christmas craft show and did very well with painted Santa's and other cute Christmas stuff. 
When I got into college and started working I painted less and less and today it's been a very long time since I put brush to paper.
At the beginning of 2010 my resolution of sorts was that by the end of this year I was going to start painting again. Thanks to a gift certificate I got for my birthday I was able to purchase new supplies this weekend!
This palette has space for 32 colors so this is a pretty measly selection but I'll be able to grow it eventually. I forgot how much paints cost, either that or the prices have gone up significantly since I last bought a tube of paint.
I have so many ideas floating around in my head for subject matter. I just hope I get around to fishing them out at some point and realizing them on paper.

No comments: