Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hello 2011

With the holidays over and a chilly fresh new year on it's way I'm thinking forward to things I want to do in the first few months, some in the first few weeks and some within the year. Here are ten of my things, what are some of yours?

1. Sit and have a delicious plate of croque monsieur at The Buttery in Santa Cruz.
The Buttery is a cafe and bakery in Santa Cruz. It's a cute little place with delicious food! I had the croque monsieur the last time I was there and it was soooo good. I first heard of croque monsieur in the movie It's Complicated. I love going to Santa Cruz, while it's only 35 minutes away it's like a different world for me. It doesn't hurt that my favorite fabric store is there...

2. Go for a walk on the beach despite the chilly weather
I absolutely love the beach. I don't know what it is about it but walking on a beach lifts my spirits. I'm hoping to tie this visit into the one above later this week.

3. A drive up highway 1 between San Francisco and Tomales Bay, while listening to music that feeds my soul. Some Eric Clapton, James Taylor and Jack Johnson come to mind...
This will most likely be tied in to number four below...

4. Take a day trip to Point Reyes.
Last year I took a day trip to Point Reyes that was really wonderful. I went to taste cheese at Cowgirl Creamery in Point Reyes Station, and I went out to the tip of the peninsula to see the migrating whales. I did it by myself and I can't wait to do it again this year. It was truly a refreshing, joyful and peaceful day.

5. Day trip to Napa
I had such a wonderful time in the Napa Valley with my girlfriends twice last year, I can't wait to go back! Mmm, wine!







6. Really get my apartment clean and organized.
I've started, but I have to get all of my Christmas stuff put away first. I have so many crafty ideas for 2011 I need to get my "studio" all cleaned up and organized so I can get started!

7. Redo my bedroom
Now that my sister's quilt is done I can start thinking about making one for myself. I want to redo my bedroom which will not only consist of a new quilt but refinishing some furniture, painting walls, and making a headboard.

8. Paint
My resolution for 2010 was to start painting again by the end of the year. I did manage to get some of the supplies I will need but I didn't end up having time to sit down and actually do it. I started painting with watercolors as a teenager and fell in love with it. I will start again this year.




9. Really get my blog lookin good!
I'd like to start with a new header, I have ideas I just need to realize them.

10. Be a better me.

No comments: