Sunday, March 20, 2011

A few examples...

One very cool thing about my job is I get to make things that inspire people and give them a spring board for their own ideas. We have albums at my store that have examples of all kinds of techniques, and styles for card and invitation making. Earlier this year we started to tackle revamping them with new and fresh ideas. They are definitely a work in progress but they're looking good! We have a general ideas binder and a wedding themed binder.
These are some of my contributions... 
Oh, and sorry for the crappy pictures, the lighting in the store isn't the best and everywhere I tried to photograph them I got a shadow!





The scalloped frame and the egg are hand drawn, what makes this one cool is the use of different fonts.





Read this one if you have a second...

I really love this one, it was inspired by Homeroom, the mac and cheese place I went to yesterday! The coloring of the picture is terrible. I used PS colors, bluebell, persimmon and curry.




I've been wanting to stitch an invite on my machine for a while so I took the opportunity to do so with this one. The pictures really don't do it justice. The bunting is hand drawn and the coolest part is the tear-away RSVP card. It's perforated and would already be addressed and stamped so the guest could just tear it off of the invite and pop it in the mail! No envelope needed. I used our paper color, Khaki but it would be even cooler in paper bag.


Anyways, those are just a few of the cool things you can find at Paper Source!

No comments: