Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekend recap part 1

What a whirlwind of a weekend! I've been so busy with everything this month I haven't had much time for blogging so let me get you a little caught up.
I'll start with last weekend...
Last Sunday was just lovely. I went to San Francisco with a friend and had such a good time. The weather was beautiful which made for a great day. As previously mentioned we started out at Outerlands.  If you are in or near SF I highly recommend giving this place a try. It's awesome. Sadly I forgot my camera so what you see here was taken on an iphone and emailed to me. I love the atmosphere of this place. The weathered wood walls, and the beachiness of it, without there being shells all over the place. It's tiny, I mean this place is not big at all, thus the long wait for a table. They don't take reservations or call aheads, you put your name on the clipboard and hang out outside on benches made of driftwood. When we went the day was beautiful and sunny, I'd like to go on a cool foggy day because the atmosphere would be so different. I'd also like to go for dinner.  So on to the food. We both had mimosas and the dutch pancake. I remember having them as a kid but we made them a little differently. There were two options on the menu, the sweet one with apples or the savory one with bacon and maple syrup. I was all over the savory one like... syrup?



After our late brunch we walked on Ocean Beach for a bit then meandered up the beach to a building at the very end of Golden Gate Park called the Beach and Park Chalet. This was probably my favorite part of the day. We wandered out to the back of the building and were pleasantly surprised to find a live Cuban jazz band playing. People were sitting on the lawn in the sunshine listening to the music so we decided to partake as well. We had a couple beers and enjoyed the atmosphere. The music was great!
We did a bit more walking on the beach and shell collecting before heading back to the south bay. On the way home we stopped at Moss Beach Distillery for some seafood and to watch the sun go down.
all in all it was a great day!

No comments: