Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Weekend recap part 2

So, the adventure continues... On Saturday I headed north on 880 to Berkeley for dinner with my family to celebrate my dad's birthday. My parents came from the Sacramento valley and my sister and I from the south bay area, we converged on Zachary's Chicago Pizza in Berkeley. I asked around on Facebook for restaurant suggestions and a chorus of people suggested Zachary's, it didn't disappoint. The pizza was good but I was happy to be with my family, that made it special.







After dinner, rather than go all the way back to the south bay I stayed with a friend in San Francisco. That makes three visits to the city within two weeks time. Don't laugh at me, but that was the first time I drove over the Bay Bridge by myself, I felt sort of accomplished! You have to understand that when I moved to the bay area I was afraid to even drive on the highways!
The next morning I woke early to get on the way up highway 101 towards Petaluma for the twice yearly Petaluma Antiques fair. I walked out the door to beautiful weather in the city!

The view of the bay just north of the Golden Gate Bridge

Love this view!

I about wet myself when I saw these pretty ladies!

I arrived in Petaluma for the antiques fair about an hour before my mom was to arrive and I needed breakfast. I stopped in this little place called Water Street Bistro, and it was just what the doctor ordered! I had a spinach, goat cheese and red pepper quiche that was light and airy and delicious! The fruit was perfect too! If you ever find yourself in Petaluma for breakfast I recommend this place!

Now, this is where you would insert a picture or two of the antiques fair. I sort of only took one photo that in hindsight is pretty boring. So I won't share it with you.


I hit traffic for the last few miles north of the Golden Gate but if I had to be stuck in traffic anywhere I'm glad it was there. I love how you can see the fog move in. Quite a different view then on the way there.




I got a few little things at the fair but nothing that I was super crazy about and just had to have. I got an old breadbox that is painted my favorite color, it's already being used to hold fabrics and notions on my craft shelf. I got a magnet made from an old paper drink cap and some old mini jello molds that are cute. One of these days I'll get around to showing you pics of my purchases!

So in a period of 24 hours I was all over the place. I'm looking forward to not going anywhere this weekend! I need to play catch up with my life right now and get my head on straight. I haven't done any sewing or crafting for weeks now so hopefully I'll find some time this week. I'll be back in a few minutes with something new!

No comments: