Monday, June 20, 2011

I'm a sewing machine... no pun intended! Or maybe it is intended...

Hi everyone! Just a little progress update. I've been getting to spend more time crafting lately, I think it's partially due to me working harder at keeping my house clean and organized and staying on top of doing things like laundry and grocery shopping. Plus things have kind of slowed down at work lately. What I really should be doing this afternoon is a little homework for the online Revit class I'm taking, but I'm sewing. I'm excited for the craft fair in Santa Cruz so I've been working on some fun stuff for that.

This past weekend was interesting. On Friday I was standing on my stairs, as I often do when I've got a quit laid out on the floor. After looking at it for a few minutes I went to step off the step I was on, not thinking about the fact I wasn't on the first one, and went falling to the floor. I think I was on step three or four. Needless to say it hurt like a b!tch, I did a quick evaluation of my ankle which was not feelin so good and decided it wasn't sprained or broken. I grabbed some ice and hobbled up the stairs to soak my foot in an ice bath. I get really annoyed when I can't move around like I normally do so the fact that I was right in the middle of a project and had to stop to deal with my ankle was inconvenient. I had plans to go out dancing later than night and I wasn't gonna miss it, so I went. I probably screwed up my ankle even more being on it all night but it's feeling a lot better today. I've spent a lot of time with it elevated and with ice on it.

Here's the quilt laid out on the floor right before I took my tumble.

I've got a list of things I want to make for the craft fair and decided to start with a slew of cup cozy's. These will be customizable like the ones I've done in the past. It feels good to be getting things done!

I sort of love the pac-man one! It's got a solid red back.

The corresponding backs... I haven't sewn them closed yet, I'm debating leaving them open so I can more easily do the hand stitched customizations later.

There are two more in progress...

Guess I better go study... or maybe more sewing... ;)

Hope you are keeping cool on this last day of spring!

No comments: