Friday, September 2, 2011

1 Rad Rev

Well the month of August has come and gone, and good riddance if you ask me. It's never been my favorite month, in fact it's my least favorite. Now September, it's sort of the beginning of autumn, despite the fact that we'll probably have hot summer weather into October. September is better. I might have to go buy some yummy fall smelling candles soon.
The craft fair has come and gone and I will start thinking about the ones coming up that I'll be participating in but I'm taking a little break right now. I should be doing one in November that I've done for the past four years and I might be taking on another one in December that will be new to me.

Sadly this month was ushered in by the loss of a very special person. One of my oldest and dearest friends lost her father yesterday. He was a wonderful person and had an impact on the lives of so many people, so many in fact it's impossible to count. He was the pastor of my church growing up, and while he didn't baptize me, he did confirm me and marry my ex-husband and I. My sister was baptized and confirmed by him and several of my friends were married by him. I grew up playing at his house, going on vacations with their family and was nurtured by the environment they created in their home. I've seen a lot less of him since growing up and moving away from home but he's been no less a part of my life. Sometimes it's hard to understand why we lose someone so special who made such a wonderful contribution to society and to our lives. It's a mystery really, and so unfair. I can only hope that something beautiful comes out of this tragedy.


Hug the ones you love, if they aren't at arms reach, call them and tell them you love them.

No comments: