Saturday, November 19, 2011

What are you thankful for?


Hello all! Long time no talk!
I just wanted to pop in and ruminate for a minute about the upcoming holidays. As we all know, Thanksgiving is coming up next week. I've been inspired by all of my friends on Facebook, they are doing 30 Days of Being Thankful, and while I'm trying to keep up I haven't posted something every day this month. Doesn't mean I don't think about it though.
So what am I thankful for? Life can throw some serious stuff at us and being able to come out of it in one piece and for the better is just such a blessing. I am so blessed to have friends and family that love me and accept me for who I am. I am blessed to have two jobs that I really like which help me to support myself. I am so thankful for who I have become despite the challenges I have faced. I am thankful that I am able to put food on my table and a roof over my head! Sometimes it's so easy to get caught up in the wants and desires of our society we forget about what we really have!
Last year I took a moment to think about what I wanted the holidays to be for me, what was it about? I'm getting to that point again this year. What do I want my Thanksgiving and Christmas to be all about this year? I want to bake, in my house with a cup of something steaming to sip on, and wonderful music playing. I want to handmake as many presents as I can and stay out of the mall. I want to spend time with the people I love, and when I am with people that I find challenging to feel good about I want to stay positive and true to my holiday spirit! I want to see Christmas lights and I want to do something good for others! I want to see Straight No Chaser again this year and I want to go to the Nutcracker in San Francisco!
Before the madness begins you should take a moment to decide how you want your holidays to be this year! Get ahead of the stress and crazy schedule and commit to it being what you want it to be!

Love to all and Happy early Thanksgiving!

No comments: