Sunday, December 21, 2008

Bette Crocker and Marta Stewart meet!!

On a bit of a whim I decided to go home again this weekend. I was supposed to go to a friend's 30th birthday party but due to having an emotionally draining morning I stayed home and baked with my mom and my sister. (Sorry guys, I really did want to go but I was just not feeling up to it) We baked a ton of cookies and made a huge mess.










We made chocolate crackles, sugar cookies, chocolate chip with nuts, 7 layer bars and dirty bellybuttons (Em came up with that term last Christmas for jelly thumprint cookies)





















My favorite cookies that I frosted were the penguins, they turned out so friggin cute! I mixed up the frosting for them and thought it was the most disgusting color ever, it turned out well though! Leave it to us not to do much traditional as far as cookies go, we had penguins, bears that looked like panda's, peace signs and very dapperly dressed people.

I really enjoyed this time baking with my mom and my sister. Baking is one of the few things I actually wanted to participate in this holiday season.

No comments: